28 Nov Travel Leaders Group Advisors Rate Best Honeymoon Destinations for Each Month of the Year
Advisors name best places for newlyweds based on weather, pricing, events and more
New York, NY (Nov. 28, 2018) – A new poll of professional travel advisors who specialize in researching and booking honeymoon trips names the best destinations for each month of the calendar year for newlyweds – taking into consideration weather, pricing and special events.
Details of the poll, which can be found on Vacation, the online travel advice planning resource powered by Travel Leaders Group, cited popular trends for honeymoons, including:
• Delaying trips by several weeks or months after the wedding to take advantage of better weather, off-season prices or unique events taking place at certain times of the year
• Adventure trips that mix sun-drenched relaxation with cultural or nature experiences, such as watching the wildebeest migrate in Africa or shopping in Swedish Christmas markets
Says New York City-based travel advisor Ashley Les, “Go when something really special is happening. I’ve even had clients who will change their dates for the right event. I say, ‘Hey, I know you’re getting married in September, but if you go in October, you could see this festival.’ You don’t want to travel two weeks before the most amazing event and miss a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
Here are some great destinations for honeymoon couples across all four seasons, according to Travel Leaders Group travel advisors:
• December – Enjoy the coziness and cheer of the holiday season in snowy Scandinavia. Shop for trinkets at Christmas markets in Stockholm or Copenhagen and combine Helsinki with Lapland to see the reindeer and Northern Lights.
• January – It may be snowing in the Northern Hemisphere, but it’s summer in South Africa, where couples will find sunny weather, reasonable prices and lots to do. Go on a two- to four-day safari or sample different vintages and varietals in the Winelands close to Cape Town.
• February – Take advantage of two destinations with a combination trip. Book an overwater bungalow in The Maldives, in the Indian Ocean, with its sparkling-blue water and pristine beaches. But because it’s a very long flight from the U.S., stop first and stay in Doha in Qatar or Dubai or Abu Dhabi in the Emirates, where it’s a lot cooler during the winter.
• March – Enjoy cherry blossom time in Japan, as well as Tokyo’s many small restaurants that offer incredible gastronomy.
• April – See the leaves change in the beautiful parks of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Or, stroll the grand boulevards for a Paris-like experience – but without the crowds.
• May – Southern Italy and Greece are warmer (but not yet boiling hot) than northern Europe during this time, and there are less crowds to endure while enjoying the quaint towns of the Amalfi Coast or the historic monuments of Athens.
• June – Spain’s Ibiza is not just about partying—it also offers quiet cliffside resorts for newlyweds. And because the peak season doesn’t start for another month, the clubs and cafes are less crowded.
• July – While honeymooning, catch one of the biggest events in the natural world: the migration of the wildebeest in Tanzania.
• August – The Spanish island of Majorca offers shimmering sunshine and gorgeous beaches, plus amazing food and nightlife. It’s only a 45-minute flight from Barcelona, so a perfect opportunity to add on a few extra nights in that popular Spanish city, as well.
• September – It’s cool and dry in Galapagos, where you’ll see wildlife that can’t be found anywhere else on the planet. Like Charles Darwin, you’ll be fascinated and inspired.
• October – Croatia in the fall offers thinner crowds and lower prices – the better to enjoy everything from coastal beaches to open-air markets and castles.
• November – This is the end of spring in New Zealand, where couples will find good weather, plenty of stunning, natural beauty to explore – via a combination of helicopter and hiking – and less crowds.
Read more recommendations for the best honeymoon destinations – and the best times to go – at Vacation.
# # #
Vacation inspires, informs and guides travelers throughout their planning process, making every step—from researching a destination to connecting with the ideal travel expert—as rewarding as possible. The content-rich website is powered by Travel Leaders Group (www.travelleadersgroup.com), one of the industry’s largest travel agency companies, with over 7,000 locations. Check out Vacation at www.vacation.com or on social media at #LoveUrVacay. Travelers also have access to The Travel Collection by Travel Leaders Group, a selection of travel offers and discounts available at no additional cost to holders of select American Express® cards. For more information visit TheTravelCollection.com.