20 Mar Protravel International Experts Recommend their Favorite Spring Break Destinations
Experts Provide Insights on Last-Minute Spring Break Destinations for Adventurers, Fitness Aficionados, and Travelers Seeking Off-the-Beaten-Path Experiences away from the Crowds
New York, NY (March 20, 2017) — Spring can provide some of the best value at some of the world’s most popular destinations, if you have a travel agent expert in your corner to guide you. To help travelers who are seeking last-minute getaways this spring, some of the premier luxury travel agent advisors from Protravel International – the travel industry’s leading luxury corporate and leisure travel agency with an award-winning reputation – are sharing their prime recommendations and insider tips for spring travel based on their favorite destinations and experiences.
“Whether our clients are seeking to get away from the crowds with a tranquil escape or want to visit a classic destination brimming with culture and history, Protravel’s best-in-class travel agents are experts at matching the right experience with every taste and preference,” noted Gail Grimmett, President of Protravel International. “As spring begins, several of our agents are sharing their personal picks on where their discerning clients are heading.”
Europe – The Strong U.S. Dollar Continues to Offer Excellent Value Abroad
- Netherlands – Amsterdam and Maastricht: “Spring is an ideal off-season time to visit Amsterdam, but make sure to include Maastricht, a wonderful smaller city in the Dutch countryside. This is the perfect time to see fields of colorful tulips as well as the amazing Keukenhof Gardens, considered ‘the most beautiful spring garden in the world’ with more than seven million tulips, daffodils and hyacinths.” – Richard Engle, Protravel agent advisor in Chicago, IL.
- Italy – Rome: “All roads lead to Rome, so choose one of them while taking advantage of the strong U.S. dollar value against the Euro. With reasonable airfares and temperate spring weather, travelers can enjoy Rome, its amazing food, culture, history, and shopping without the high-season crowds. For an impeccable spring break, stay at an iconic hotel like the Hassler, the Baglioni Hotel Regina, or Hotel de Russie.” – Elena Omard, Protravel agent advisor in New York, NY.
- Combine Paris and London: “A combination of London and Paris makes the perfect choice for a last-minute getaway with the entire family, particularly with older children. Both cities offer a wide range of activities to please everyone, including visiting some of the world’s greatest museums, enjoying fine cuisine, and discovering the cultures in each. To experience London in style, stay at the Beaumont, the Connaught, the Four Seasons or the Corinthia. In Paris, the Meurice, Four Seasons Hotel George V, or the Peninsula will add to a luxurious experience.” – Robert Goldstein, Protravel agent advisor in New York, NY.
Central America – A Must for Adventure Seekers
- “Belize and Costa Rica both provide opportunities for unsurpassed family fun this spring. Belize offers a staggering combination of jungle and beach adventures from cave tubing, zip lining, and discovering the ruins at Xunantunich, to amazing snorkeling on the world’s second largest barrier reef. When in Costa Rica, venture through the rain forest at the foot of the Arenal Volcano, where you can take canopy tours or go zip lining, whitewater rafting, hiking, and sky trekking. While Costa Rica has beaches on both its Caribbean and Pacific coasts, some of its most pristine beaches are on the Pacific side where you can take a boat tour to watch whales, dolphins and turtles, or go sport fishing.” – Diane Tavss, Protravel agent advisor in Miami, FL.
Punta de Mita, Mexico – Away from the Crowds
- “To avoid the crowds this spring, take your family to Punta de Mita in Mexico. In particular, the Imanta Luxury Eco-Resort delivers a tranquil experience to recharge your batteries. Treat yourself to a vacation with impeccable service and fine dining in a sophisticated suite or villa located on a private beachfront jungle reserve.” – Michelle Rosen, Protravel agent advisor in Encino, CA.
Hawaii – Maui or Oahu
- “For families who enjoy sunny beaches, water sports and are looking for a wealth of activities that keep all family members occupied, Hawaii, particularly Oahu and Maui, is the perfect choice. With so much to do, see and explore, I recommend travelers stay at the Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina. In Maui, the Fairmont Kea Lani Resort, an oceanfront all-suite resort on Wailea Coast, as well as the Montage Kapalua Bay further north, are great resorts for active families, offering authentic cuisine, and full service spa treatments, even for children and teenagers.” – Connie Majors, Protravel agent advisor in New York, NY.
Cruising the Caribbean – Fun for the Entire Family
- “Spring is a fantastic time for a short Caribbean cruise. With alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries at the end of its winter season, Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas offer many intriguing options for families with children of all ages and couples. In late February, Royal Caribbean has added licensed lifeguards to the Oasis – by June 15 all remaining ships will have lifeguards on board.” – Marni Becker, Protravel Director of Cruise Sales, New York, NY.
For more detail or to let Protravel’s agents plan your next spring break or ask for last minute travel tips, call 800-227-1059. With an award-winning reputation, Protravel International is a recognized leader in corporate and luxury travel. Protravel was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in New York City. With annual sales reaching close to $1 billion last year, it has grown into 20 locations throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, plus a network of hosted agents throughout the U.S.
# # #
About Protravel International LLC:
Protravel International LLC is a Travel Leaders Group company. Founded in 1984, Protravel International LLC is a full-service, dynamic travel company with an award-winning reputation. With annual sales reaching close to $1 billion, Protravel is headquartered in New York City and supports 20 locations throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, plus a network of hosted agents in all corners of the U.S. Today, approximately 1,000 people make up the Protravel organization. Our expertise in destination, international faring and competitive products – coupled with our superior network of contacts in the airline, hotel, cruise and hospitality industry – makes Protravel one of the most powerful selling forces in the travel industry.
Protravel’s diversity of products, size of annual sales and nationally recognized stature permits them to leverage these strengths to bring the most competitive pricing and aggressive negotiations for our highly diverse client base. It is a company-wide commitment to search for the best possible travel options for our customers. Travel arrangements are personally tailored to take optimum advantage of the most up to the minute changes in the industry.
For many years, a dedicated team has guided Protravel with innovative ideas and skills. By incorporating the latest technologies and carefully monitoring industry developments, the finest products and highest levels of service are maintained. The continued success of Protravel is a testament to our sound operation and well-planned development.